job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $22.83 - 26.87 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Research team in Cambridge, MA is seeking a self-motivated, energetic and creative biologist to take part in the development of novel therapeutics for the treatment immune disorders with high unmet medical need. This individual will have the opportunity to make significant and high-impact contributions in a small dynamic group setting on multiple drug discovery programs in the areas of adaptive immunity.
- Perform hands-on experimentation using a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques suitable for drug target identification and validation, including development of rodent and human cell- and tissue-based immunoassays.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional project teams to investigate the biology of novel targets and to evaluate the effects of newly developed drug lead candidates on immune cell function.
- Generate, analyze, interpret, and present experimental results in a small group setting.
- Generate study reports and maintain a detailed record of experiments in electronic lab notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Share in responsibilities to support general lab functions.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
B.A./B.S. or M.S. with at least 1 year of academic or biopharmaceutical research experience in mammalian cell biology, immunology, or a related discipline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix environment
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills
- Learning agility and drive to continuously improve and develop
- Self-motivated and meticulous, with focus on critical and innovative thinking
Broad experience across a range of immunological techniques would be highly desirable, although highly motivated candidates with a strong desire to master and apply new techniques will also be considered.
Skill sets include:
- Isolation and sterile tissue culture of mammalian cell lines and immune cell subsets
- Cell-based assay development using primary rodent and human immune cells and immortalized cell lines
- Multicolor FACS (flow cytometry set-up, acquisition, analysis and reporting)
- Multiplex protein detection (ELISA, Luminex, MSD)
- Gene expression analysis (TaqMan, NanoString, NGS, scRNA-Seq)
- Molecular biology (transfection, transduction, stable cell line generation, Western Blot).
- Previous drug discovery experience in a biopharmaceutical setting.
- Hands-on experience utilizing functional genomics approaches (CRISPR-Cas, si/hRNA) for phenotypic screening and target ID/validation in cell lines or primary immune cells
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Immunoassays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.