Are you looking for your first role in a clinical laboratory environment? Are you a recent ASCP certified Medical Lab Technician (MLT or MT)? This may be the right opportunity for you!
location: Aston, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $42,000 - 47,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- (Toxicology) identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- (Chemistry) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- (Hematology) provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value the job accomplishments.
At least an Associates Degree (AS or AAS) in laboratory sciences or related field, 2 years' experience in clinical area, familiarity with LIS systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.