As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $42.96 - 50.54 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join our Small Molecule Physical Biochemistry group within the department of Biotherapeutic and Medicinal Sciences. The successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced and innovative community actively pursuing unmet medical needs in the neuroscience space.
- The primary responsibility of the candidate will be to prepare negative-stain EM samples, collect EM data and, when required, train new users. Experience in cryo-EM is a plus.
- The candidate will also assist in preparing cryo-EM grids (freezing samples, clipping and maintain grids) along with assisting in data collection.
- The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, organized and demonstrate good lab practices.
- Provide support for negative-stain EM:
- Work with different groups at the company to prepare negatively stained samples and collect EM data.
- Train new users negative-stain EM grid preparation and data collection.
- Provide support for sample preparation and data collection with a Glacios cryo-electron microscope.
- Prepare samples (freezing and clipping grids), help develop a system to track and maintain frozen and clipped grids for data collection.
- Share responsibility with scientists for maintaining the Glacios cryo-electron microscope (beam alignment, calibration, cryo-cycling, etc).
- Help scientists to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Biophysics, Protein Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Relevant experience in a negative stain EM or cryo-EM lab is required.
- Must be a great team player with strong communication skills.
skills: Biology, Chemistry, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.