As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $19.55 - 23.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Wet chemistry techniques for extraction, clean-up, and purification of samples for analysis, especially plant, animal, and environmental samples. Experience with solid phase extraction (SPE) and liquid-liquid partitions preferred.
o Experience in our field is a plus, as the candidate would already be familiar with the challenges of environmental samples. The experience also gives them an understanding of the importance of discipline and focus to prevent cross-contamination of samples, which is a major problem in trace residue analysis.
o The specific techniques listed are ones that require a little more technique to successfully complete, so a candidate that already knows this is preferential.
- Familiarity with GC, LC, MS and MS/MS analysis techniques
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices
o If they understand the requirements of GLP (ag or pharma), then we spend less time teaching them. Someone who understands the basic tenets of GLP means we only need to teach them how we meet the requirements at BASF instead of teaching them everything.
- Solid written/verbal communication skills
o This is actually very important. The vast majority of their instructions will come from a conversation in the morning with a senior scientist. They will be expected then to understand the instructions and execute, and the scientist may not be available later in the day for questions. The person must be able to think of issues and questions at this time and then be able to work independently after.
- Experience with electronic lab documentation (e.g. LIMS)
o We now have a LIMS, which they will be expected to use daily. Any previous experience is highly desired.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or environmental sciences
- Experience desired: 1-2 years of experience working providing lab analysis while using GC, LC, MS and MS/MS analysis techniques in harmony with GLP.
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.