job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: Groton, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $24.59 - 28.93 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This position provides biomarker bioanalytical support for ligand binding assay methods. This scientist provides laboratory support for assay and method development, assay validation and study support using ligand binding assay techniques (ELISA, MSD).
- Responsible for providing Ligand Binding based analytical data for biomarker discovery and development, supporting assay method development, validation and study execution.
- Responsibilities include the quantitative analysis of novel biomarkers utilizing immunoassay techniques. Successful job performance includes development, characterization, & implementation of appropriate ligand binding assay techniques and related sample isolation technology for supporting quantitation of large molecule biomarker species.
- Routine use of liquid handling systems, various immunoanalytical platforms (ELISA, MSD, Erenna, Licor etc), and Watson LIMS are required. Position requires expertise in biological sample handling and preparation, and laboratory automation.
- Role includes planning of laboratory activities with key stakeholders and senior leaders, understanding and influencing therapeutic area biomarker strategies to use biomarkers in scientific decision-making.
- This role will participate in all phases of ECD regulatory laboratory operations including technology evaluations, the development of sample preparation, separation and detection methods, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with the project teams on utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
- All colleagues in this role are responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance appropriate for clinical and preclinical study execution including all proscribed training as found in ECD SOPs and training transcripts. This includes knowledge, training and understanding of GLP/GCP guidance for execution of preclinical and clinical studies supporting portfolio projects as applicable.
- Responsible for QC and peer review of raw data, results, and final reports from other colleagues within the regulated group (depending on level of training). Additionally, responsible for participation in internal and external audits providing required information to auditors
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Master or 3 years experience with college degree in biological areas.
BS but must have 2+ years hands on industry exp.
PhD also accepted
- Must have Elisa exp.
- Must have ligand binding assay techniques
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.