Conduct Microbiology assessments and provide validation expertise to be used in validating Microbiology methods utilized in the development and testing of new products/technologies.
location: Reading, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Schedule and independently conduct routine Microbiology assessments of prototype samples for the development of new antimicrobial products/technologies.
- Use an engineering notebook to document observations and record all test data. Analyze results, generate reports, and share findings with test requestors within and outside of the core Antimicrobial/Antithrombogenic (AM/AT) team.
- Aid in the generation and drafting of clinically relevant antimicrobial efficacy test protocols.
- In conjunction with Senior Scientist and other scientific staff, perform validation studies to validate existing and future Microbiology methods.
- Support efforts in product research, specifically in terms of background research, evaluation, experimental test method design and data analysis.
- Research rapid and high-throughput methods which could be incorporated into routine testing and data analysis in the Microbiology laboratory.
- Support the transfer of products via antimicrobial testing from research through prototype and production stages.
- Aid in the design and execution of test studies where the performance of competitor product technologies is assessed and submit data for conference presentations.
- Perform various types of biological testing and generate data to support filing for new and/or continuation patent applications of new antimicrobial and/or antithrombogenic technologies.
- Support new product development projects in the areas of design control activities such as design verification protocol/report writing and by making test samples (where applicable).
- Interface with vendors to obtain quotations and initiate purchase orders for lab supplies and equipment.
- Along with other Scientists, ensure that the Microbiology lab maintains a clean appearance, adheres to general lab safety requirements and remains operational.
- Work effectively with other Microbiology laboratory staff and overall AM/AT team to meet project goals.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in biological sciences
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a science/engineering environment especially in a laboratory setting
- Understanding of biological lab requirements especially with basic lab equipment and handling of potentially flammable and hazardous items
- General understanding of Microbiology
- Validation of microbiology test protocols/methods
- Aseptic technique
- Be comfortable working with blood and/or its components (i.e. plasma) and various animal tissues
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel)
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biology, Microbiology, Data Validation Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.