Sr. Scientist III
job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 52.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Compnay Oncology Precision Medicine is seeking a motivated and experienced Sr. Scientist to support our translational research. The Translational Oncology group within Precision Medicine at Company uses advanced technologies to understand cancer biology, discover biomarkers and mechanism of action of different drugs in Company's innovative Oncology pipeline. The selected candidate will work with a senior scientist at Company on experimental execution of different aspects of translational research. He / she will be responsible for the designing and performing various in vitro and in vivo assays to elucidate mechanism of sensitivity /resistance of different therapeutics and identify/validate mechanism-based combinations. The candidate is expected to have strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical, molecular, and cell-based assays and readouts.
- Master's Degree with 5-7 yrs or Ph.D with 0-1yr in Biochemistry, Immunology, Cancer biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, or related field. Previous experience in translational research and / or drug discovery, either in academic or industrial setting is a plus
- Extensive experience in various laboratory techniques such as mammalian cell culture/transfection, RT-PCR, proliferation and apoptosis assays, Gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, Immunofluorescence, flow cytometry and ELISA as well as in-vitro cell-based assay and immunoassays techniques is desirable.
- Additional required skills:
- Proactive and able to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; demonstrate critical thinking; interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills are highly desired
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Immunoassays, In Vitro, Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.