As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25.50 - 30.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Support molecular biology project work related to gene cloning, gene modification, protein expression optimization, strain optimization and associated microbiological support for novel enzyme products. Coordinate technical activities with minimal supervision. Summarize, analyze and interpret moderately complex analytical data. Achieve successful completion of deliverables with efficiency and adherence to time constraints
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemical or Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology.
- Must have experience with aseptic technique and manipulation of microorganisms
- Must have experience with PCR, protein gel electrophoresis and other standard molecular biology techniques
- Experience with small scale (96-well) protein expression, enzymatic assays and DNA/RNA manipulation including extraction/quantitation
- Experience with protein expression and production in bacterial, yeast, or fungal systems
- Experience with liquid handling
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Must be highly self-motivated and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- Must have hands-on experience in lab-scale biotechnology, including use of common lab equipment for molecular biology and biochemistry, automated liquid handlers, and robotics systems
- Must have education in Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, or a related discipline along with progressive experience as a scientific researcher, with proven ability to adapt to new techniques technologies
- Must have hands-on experience in molecular biology and strain engineering techniques for bacteria and/or yeast
- Must have ability to maintain workplace health and safety in a regulated environment
- Will use exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills to maintain timely documentation of laboratory work, evaluation of data, and present scientific results
skills: Molecular Biology, Biology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.