job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $42.86 - 50.43 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Data Science focusing on the aspect of applying machine learning and AI capabilities to the Clinical Research function. This position will not only expose you to the emerging demand and growth of ML and AI in healthcare but allow you to experience and take part in its development.
- The Data Scientist will work directly with the Principal Data Scientist in the Business Excellence/AI group. The primary focus will be to assist the Principal Data Scientist to embark on various ML and AI projects that hinge on the prospect of solving challenging business problems. Projects are ranging from creating data-driven dashboards to building complex prediction models, Image detection/processing, and developing Natural Language processing capabilities.
- Conduct advanced research and engineering for machine learning (ML) and NLP solutions for healthcare-related topics.
- Work with large-scale healthcare datasets to develop and test your ML and NLP models.
- Take advantage of models developed internally and available from the community to solve research problems in healthcare.
- Work closely with the AI research team as well as the clinical team to transfer your proof of concept research prototypes into meaningful features within our products.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field with at least 2 years of experience is required or Master's Degree or equivalent in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field with 3 years of previous analytical experience in clinical trials Required
- MSc or Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, data science, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with data pre-processing, modeling, and visualization
- Proficient in Python
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and PyTorch)
- Prior experience in working with Tableau and/or Power BI
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Experience of working with AWS is a plus
skills: Clinical Data Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.