Sr. Scientist, Cell and Gene Therapies
Advanced Therapeutics, including cell, gene, mRNA, antisense oligonucleotides and other emerging technologies is a critical field of interest. This Senior Scientist role is for a highly collaborative candidate who is capable of interfacing both externally with clinicians, researchers, regulators and biotech companies as well as internally with sales, marketing and development teams to address emerging packaging and delivery needs for these new generations of pharmaceuticals.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design experimental plans and project proposals to evaluate different technologies and ideas and test hypotheses.
- Contribute to complex research projects across several technologies and a variety of project formats, from short-term student internships, through to feasibility projects and long-term collaborations.
- Analyze and evaluate experimental results to make well-reasoned strategic recommendations that are to be disseminated internally to inform future product development decisions.
- Communicate experimental results to a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
- Actively seek out new and emerging technologies and therapies, track publications, identify and highlight active academics and keep organization informed of research and industry developments.
- Solve complex technical challenges that arise on both internal and external projects. Provide new perspectives and arrive at solutions based on pooling multiple sources of information.
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organization in the field(s) of advanced therapies.
- Collaborate and gain commitment with stakeholders internally (Market Units, Product Management, Scientific Affairs) as well as externally with research partners (postdocs, professors and clinicians) as needed to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure access to key technologies to facilitate experiments by advocating for its acquisition or identifying effective partnerships to establish the requisite access
- Capture project outputs in appropriate format including: technical reports, presentation slides, research posters, invention disclosures or as project permits.
- Travel to select targeted scientific and research conferences to learn and present out research findings with intention of increasing scientific reputation in novel fields.
- Solve problems using own judgment and persevere when setbacks threaten project goals.
- Participate as team member on various projects within group and performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Masters in biology, chemistry, biomedical, chemical engineering or equivalent scientific or engineering discipline.
- 5-8 years of experience, can include time spent either in industry or graduate school.
- In depth life sciences knowledge including experience, through either research or industry background, of one or more of the advanced therapeutics named in job summary, i.e. understands production methods, routes of administration, underlying modes of action, scientific principles, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex research projects, can either be shown in relevant industry projects or via strong collaborative postgraduate research.
- Strong interpersonal skills to generate, maintain and grow research relationships and gain commitment from all internal and external stakeholders across research projects.
- Willingness to learn and to independently explore new fields of research, understand nascent technologies and be able to generate research project/grant proposals with minimal guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to articulately disseminate scientific research to a variety of different audiences, from expert through to non-technical.
- Education: PhD in biology, chemistry, biomedical, chemical engineering or equivalent scientific or engineering discipline.
- An understanding of cryobiology and prior research or role focused on cryopreservation.
- Scientific publication track record and/or conference proceedings in a chosen field of expertise.
- Existing established and academic and/or industry North American network of collaborators.
- Understanding of regulated manufacturing environments, i.e. aseptic and GMP production.
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs
skills: Cell Biology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.