Testing pharmaceuticals, vitamins and herbal products using HPLC, ICP, FTIT, NIR, UV-VIS and wet chemistry per USP, AOAC, FCC, BP (British Pharmacopeia) and internal procedures. Properly disposes of waste chemicals based on OSHA requirements
location: Hauppauge, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $21.50 - 22.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Works with lab instruments, e.g. HPLC, AA, PDA, RI detection methods, ICP and ICP-MS to perform analytical tests. Also works with chemicals and reagent solvents during the day.
- Records the raw data and results from scientific test results.
- Reports any lab instruments malfunction to Lab Manager.
- Prepares and files all Quality Control documents, e.g. Certificate of Analysis (COA) Deviations, Out of Specification (OOS) reports.
- Reviews testing and notebooks to prepare bulk product release.
- Conducts daily calibration of balances and Ph meter. Calibrates an expiration date for all product labels based on shelf life expectancy.
- Disposes of waste chemicals appropriately.
- Checks raw materials and finished product potencies.
- Proper disposal of expired raw materials, in-process and finished goods (final batches). Coordinates such activities with Safety Manager.
- Prepares samples for shipment to outside testing laboratory.
- Assists in the inventory of supplies and upkeep of laboratory and laboratory machinery.
- Preparation of purchase orders, receipt of supplies, and interfacing with other departments to expedite these functions.
- Qualification and maintenance of primary and secondary standards of raw material and finished products.
- Maintains R&D raw material inventory, laboratory notebooks, equipment logs and maintenance schedules.
- Prepares specification for raw materials and finished products. Conducts in process testing of manufactured samples.
- Conducts minor repairs of lab instruments and other apparatus.
- Supports the preparation, manufacture, evaluation and documentation of new or modified R&D in-process and finished products associated with formulations, e.g., tablets, capsules and powders.
- Writes detailed scientific instructions and lab procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry required
- 2 years of Pharmaceutical lab experience and good familiarity with HPLC, ICP and ICP-MS as well as good mechanical aptitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of PC software, MS Office, Word, Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Chemistry background as well as practical application of the technical knowledge.
- Excellent understanding and attitude towards cGMP and GLP, which will increase with job level.
skills: Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.