We are looking to a Scientist that is well versed in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation. Our client is looking to grow their team of diverse scientific professionals as they push the limits of next-generation Sequencing platforms.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 42 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop new methodologies and workflows utilizing an array and sequencing technologies.
- Design, conduct, analyze, troubleshoot and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through the pipeline.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Identify creative solutions to problems and actively participate in improving methods.
- Take a leadership role on projects and guide technical areas independently.
- Work closely with scientific, bioinformatic, engineering, software and commercial teams to develop, integrate, transfer, and sustain products.
- Work closely with external collaborators on development projects.
- Analyze large complex datasets.
- Write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management.
- Experience in commercial product development and sustaining.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization, etc.
- Experience with protein characterization and developing protein detection assays including those based on Antibodies, Aptamers, ELISA, FACS, Proteomics
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Proven ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Experience with various analysis tools for next-generation sequencing analysis highly desirable.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, takes initiative, and self-motivated and levels.
- Experience with transfer of new products to manufacturing and/or QC preferred
- DNA and/or RNA based genomic assay development with control materials and QC metrics preferred
skills: Molecular Biology, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.