job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $49.03 - 57.69 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Scientist with deep scientific and technical expertise in immunology or immune-oncology with a track record of scientific excellence to join our team in Cambridge, MA USA. As a Scientist in Breakthrough Lab you will be a key member of a team focused on supporting immunology and immuno-oncology projects through the drug discovery and development process. You will bring your expertise to support translational studies towards the identification of clinical candidates and deliver datasets that will have direct impact on immune-oncology therapeutics. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to create innovative medicines for patients and could potentially be offered a permanent position in a promising start-up biotech company.
- Displays strong investigative or technological orientation with independence of experimental design in both cases by performing complex analytical procedures and implementing new techniques.
- May oversee lower level researchers in the execution, design and interpretation of experiments.
- Contributes to the scientific literature, external conferences and/or scientific patents, where applicable.
- Provides consultation to internal Research and Development groups.
May lead some aspect of a project in a small lab group.
- Identify and develop assays to evaluate the therapeutic effects of clinical candidates in relevant in vitro and in vivo models
- Develops strategy and technologies to conduct experiments and analytical procedures, applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts.
- Evaluates and defines appropriate approaches.
- Determines new methods and develops new procedures for accomplishing work.
- Serves as internal consultant in area of scientific expertise.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Interact with various cross-function teams and function in a project leadership role.
- PhD with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in field of immunology or immune-oncology
- Molecular biology: molecular cloning, site-directed mutagenesis
- Cell Culture: primary cell isolation, stable cell line
- Protein purification: affinity, IEX, SEC and HIC; familiarity with GE AKTA system; automated liquid handling
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization: SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA
- Cell-based assay: Multi-spectral flow cytometry
- Deep understanding of biologics drug development and experience in target validation, PK, PK/PD, in vitro and in vivo assays is preferred
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
skills: Molecular Biology, In Vitro, In Vivo, Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.