As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $46.54 - 54.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The company is seeking a highly motivated biologist to join the Bioassays & HTS team in support of Gene Therapy projects within the Biotherapeutic & Medicinal Sciences department. Our group develops small format assays, executes high throughput screens (HTS) and the subsequent assessment of candidate molecules as part of a collaborative team of scientists. The primary responsibilities for this position are development and implementation of innovative cell-based assays using high throughput technologies, use of data analysis tools to assess biological activity and advance portfolio projects. The candidate must have experience with in vitro cell culture, use of primary cells plus experience with a preference for experience in neurobiology. The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, open communication, teamwork, creative problem solving, and the use of state-of-the-art technologies.
In collaboration with the Gene Therapy Acceleration Unit (GTx), we aim to develop and implement assays to study various aspects of gene therapy and therapeutic candidates in vitro. This individual will contribute to key projects through the application of mammalian cell culture, semi-automated liquid handling, data handling and data analysis. Additional responsibilities include robust documentation of experiments in an electronic notebook, working with assay scientists and automation engineers to increase instrument performance, and execute screens through the use of cell types relevant to neurology. The candidate is expected to design scientific experiments and perform comprehensive data analysis using specialized software to process HTS and dose response data (e.g. TIBCO Spotfire, Genedata Screener).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Biology or a related discipline and experience with HTS instruments to support drug discovery
- Demonstrated broad expertise in various assay methodologies including high content analysis (confocal microscopy), standard plate reader compatible assays including protein-protein interaction readouts (e.g. FRET/BRET, AlphaLISA, MSD).
- Familiarity with Hamilton and Biomek workstations, Labcyte Echo, HighRes systems and various fluid handlers is preferred
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to successfully take on challenges, troubleshoot efficiently and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- The candidate must have excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team is essential
skills: Assay Development, In Vitro, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.