As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Attapulgus, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $19.55 - 23.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Responsible for performing experimental work requests at the lab, pilot, and plant scale to support R&D process and product innovation projects. Willing to learn a wide variety of lab and pilot scale process simulations and the corresponding analytical characterization to expand the current level of process and product technology. Contribute to the development of new products and processing technology and provide technical support to the existing product lines. Increase knowledge and understanding of products, testing methods, applications, installation techniques, and markets. Support the development of new products and processes during plant trials at the three CCP/R manufacturing.
Travel - approximately 15% within the three CCP/R manufacturing sites. Other travel as needed to support project requirements.
- Perform a wide variety of Lab and Pilot process simulations in timely and accurate manner in order to expand the current level of process and product technology.
- Complete a wide range of physical, analytical, and performance product testing, for legacy and proprietary materials and processes.
- Work on the lab and pilot scale development of new testing procedures as required for project assignments.
- Support Manufacturing trials at three CCP/R sites and other sites to support project progress. Document their work for all phases of trials as needed to coordinate efforts with the appropriate engineer or specialist to maximize "get it right the first time". 24 hr shift coverage required as needed to successfully support plant trial execution.
- Identify quality and productivity improvements and communicate findings, ideas and problem solving approach.
- Prepare samples using lab and pilot plant equipment for process simulations
- Communicate technical information, within and outside of R&D, through reports, spreadsheets and memos as needed.
- Perform technology demonstrations and/or field evaluations with limited guidance.
- Keep accurate and precise records of data and observations in project files and the secure databases. Upload all documentation into ELN for record retention.
- Implement and ensure adherence to 5S program.
- Perform all work with a "Zero Incident Mindset". Wear proper matrix prescribed PPE at all times. Follow company established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to avoid serious risk.
- Maintain good attendance record and report to assigned job station in a timely manner.
Education & Qualifications:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Applicable lab experience or a combination of operations and laboratory experience required in catalyst (FCC preferably), minerals, and / or kaolin processing industry preferred.
- Experience with basic analytical test methods such as XRF, XRD, BET surface area, and particle size analysis preferred.
- General computer skills related to e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets and process control systems.
- Abide by the code of conduct.
- Able to identify trends and anomalies in data.
- Able to generate reports and memos.
- Able to coordinate efforts to ensure timely completion of routine and complex projects.
- Able to understands personal strengths/limitations and can express own opinions and ideas openly.
- Able to alter normal procedures to fit specific situations to get a job done.
- Able to work constructively with others.
- Personally motivated to participate in functions beyond the scope of required duties.
- Able to take personal responsibility for correcting problems and addresses underlying team needs.
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.