job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $37.11 - 43.66 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Our Bacterial Technology group has an opening for a Bioprocess Scientist position at our Swiftwater site.
- Execute small-scale upstream and downstream bioprocess unit operation (fermentation, clarification, TFF, purification)
- Assemble, sterilize, monitor, and clean production fermenters and other equipment. This includes (but not limited to) media preparation, probe calibration, batch sterilization/autoclaving, inoculum preparation, down-stream processing
- Operate fermentor automated system
- Perform media/buffer solution preparation operations
- Work with coworkers and supervisor to effectively troubleshoot minor equipment and process issues
- Follows established safety and environmental guidelines and procedures for all work performed
- Document, record, and summarize information related to the process.
- Assist in writing Standard Work Instructions and Batch Production Records
- Draft and review development protocols and reports
- Inventory and Sample Management
Candidates need to be able to work a flexible schedule with weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor of Science
- MS Office 365
- Technical working knowledge and hands-on experience with fermentation processes
- Basic technical writing and documentation skills
- Equipment and process troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and willing to be proactive in resolving issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.