Principal / Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Development
We are seeking a Principal Research Associate for the Analytical Technical Operations team, based in Norwood, MA. The individual in this role will provide support to the Process Development, Research and Development and the Production organizations, executing molecular biology and biochemical assays in support of the company's pipeline. The individual will be responsible for executing laboratory-based assay protocols, interfacing across teams, and coordinating with other analytical scientists to develop and expand our assay portfolio. We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for science. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with strengths in business software analytics and operations. Previous experience with DNA, mRNA, lipid nanoparticles (LNPs), and chemical/biophysical characterization of nanoparticles is preferred
location: Norwood, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Execute assay testing in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Work independently in a laboratory setting to maintain and troubleshoot assays and equipment
- Collaborate with analytical technology method transfer group for assay set-up and qualification
- Execute assays including affinity chromatography, reversed phase, ion pairing chromatography, and size-based separations. Extensive, hands-on experience with U/HPLC systems is preferred.
- Perform analytical testing supporting process development and product characterization, enhance and evolve high-through methods
- Performing data analysis and trending
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Present results in cross-functional meetings
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols into practice, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed.
- Clearly communicate research findings to a wide audience both internally and externally.
- BS Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field with 5-8 years or MS with 3-5 years of industry experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology development.
- Experience in analytical assay development and qualification
- Experience with mRNA separation methods.
- Experience with laboratory automation (Hamilton) systems is a plus.
- Experience in a range of laboratory methods including molecular biology techniques, spectroscopy and light scattering, biophysical characterization (with focus on particles measurements)
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to write and execute SOP documentation.
- Creative/innovative/problem solver
- Preferred: Experience with nanoparticle formulations
- Preferred: Familiarity with nucleic acid and protein chemistry, and analytical characterization of biomolecules
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.