Sr Quality Engineer
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $47.60 - 56.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Work to maintain laboratory licensure while creating awareness and providing training and education to all employees on quality processes and programs.
- Participate in the maintenance of the quality management system
- Participate in the maintenance of the document control system
- Participate in the maintenance of laboratory licensure as required by CLIA and local regulations.
- Quality assurance and control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits
- Training & Education: Assist with training and education programs, to educate employees and management on quality processes, standards and results
- Project Management: Participate in the planning, initiation and management of quality improvement projects
- Assist in and facilitate review meetings with business leaders.
- Provide advice and support to the Laboratory Director, Site Manager, and Quality Manager and teams on quality issues.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience of working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations and familiar with local regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quality management
- Work collaboratively with laboratory operations staff
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process.
- Proven leadership and excellent organization and communication skills
- Team management and mentoring skills
- A good balance of negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
skills: Molecular Biology, Quality control, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.