We are looking to a Scientist with experience in Epigenetic methods and Proteomics or antibody-based detection assays. Individuals will have the opportunity to work with a team developing next-generation sequencing and genomic microarray technologies. In this role, you will create novel molecular biology tools and commercial products for the preparation of samples for analysis on with applications in oncology, reproductive health and clinical microbiology.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 42 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design and execute laboratory experiments
- Analyze results and formulate conclusions and recommendations
- Report results in written documents and verbal presentations
- Identify, troubleshoot and efficiently solve technical challenges
- Contribute to a project team to meet the objectives and timelines of the team
- Above responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Expertise in one or more of the following is highly desired:
- PhD (biochemistry or molecular biology) with 0-3 years industry experience, or BSc/MS (biochemistry or molecular biology) with 8+ years directly related industry experience
- Experience in developing molecular biology or biochemical assays, developing formulations, manipulating and quantification of nucleic acids
- Proficient analysis in analysis of array or /and sequencing data
- Epigenetics methods
- Proteomics or antibody-based detection assays
- Enzymology, protein biochemistry, biological chemistry
- Bioinformatic analysis of genomic datasets
- Automation of molecular biology protocols using liquid handling platforms
skills: Molecular Biology, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.