job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18.50 - 21.79 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics & Translational Modeling Department at The Company is seeking a scientist to conduct routine in vitro assays. The successful applicant will conduct assays and deliver robust, reproducible data in a timely manner in a fast-paced, nurturing and science-driven environment.
- In addition to conducting assays, responsibilities include data analysis, working with small molecule radioinert and radiolabeled drug candidates and general laboratory maintenance. Good communication skills, data interpretation skills and the ability to troubleshoot assays are desired for the team member.
- Independently perform routine assays and generate high quality data.
- Collaborate with department team members including bioanalytical personnel to ensure seamless and timely execution of in vitro studies.
- Interact with scientists at all levels and effectively communicate, document and defend experimental data.
- B.S or M.S in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, pharmacology or related field and 1+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry and other professional laboratory setting.
- Good laboratory techniques including accurate pipetting, data handling software (e.g. Excel, electronic laboratory notebooks, Prism, etc)
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail and a proven ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Passion for data analysis, solving technical problems and applying new and existing technologies to further scientific goals
skills: MS-EXCEL, In Vitro, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.