job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A longtime partner who prides itself on being a leader in many different practical manufacturing processes to better serve the entire population is renowned for pioneering new treatments for renal diseases, immune disorders, and more; the focus is on patient care. If you're looking to be a part of an impactful team, you won't be disappointed!
location: Round Lake, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 47.14 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Contribute to state-of-the -art chemical characterization (10993:18) studies and extractables & leachables (E&L) assessments for devices by supporting information collection, preparation of sample extracts and sample analyses.
- With subject matter expert input, author and/or contribute to experimental protocols and reports.
- Perform calculations required for E&L testing (e.g., unit conversions, surface areas)
- Perform wet chemistry activities and support structural elucidation activities.
- Evaluate analytical results from various test sites, identify trends and exceptions.
- Evaluate results relative to product requirements, definitions and/or project goals.
- Author technical rationales related to E&L and risk assessment.
- Study Management:
- Responsible for sample inventory, shipping and testing scheduling.
- Manage work orders, purchase orders and receiving of invoices from test sites.
- Coordinate testing with contract labs(CROs), monitor CRO activities and progress to provide metrics to manage schedule.
- Route and issue documents in documents management system
- Data management (transcription and verification).
- Routinely provide advice and assistance to team members regarding problems and project work.
- Maintains and generate documentation in compliance with GLPs.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (such as Analytical or Organic chemistry) with 5-7 years, MS with least 3-5 years, or PhD with 0-3 years of experience in relevant discipline.
- Experience in E&L testing and study design, Environmental Chemistry testing, and/or Compendial Materials testing preferred.
- Required knowledge and application of analytical chemistry with relevant laboratory skills (wet chemistry, chromatography, spectroscopy)
- Competent operation and troubleshooting of chromatographic and spectroscopic instrumentation.
- Project management such as applying tools for planning, metrics, & meeting coordination.
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, table and graph generation and use of applicable computer software.
- Working knowledge of industry regulations ISO, MDR, ICH, GxP, USP or other regulated environments
- Knowledge of GMP and regulatory guidelines.gmp
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Chemistry, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.