As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.40 - 24.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
Supports manufacturing and field service activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, assembly and repair of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on a routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must be able to perform operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Must assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Must be able to use manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including but not limited to such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- AA degree or equivalent technician experience, computer literacy and hand tool and/or machine tool experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for up to 8 hours per day.
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.