Sr. Investigator of Bioinformatics
job summary: **IMMEDIATE NEED f
or a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Sr. Investigator to advance our bioinformatics and data science platforms and participate in developing innovative therapies for patients with serious genetic diseases.**
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop and manage a scalable database and cloud-based computing infrastructure.
- Creation of clear data visualizations and interactive tools.
- Participate and thrive in a culture of effective collaboration between experimental and computational scientists.
- Work closely with experimental scientists to analyze, interpret, and visualize data to understand drug mechanisms and assess therapeutic opportunities.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science with 5+ years of relevant post-doctoral and industry experience in data sciences or bioinformatics.
- Experience with collaborating with project teams developing AAV, oligo or mRNA therapeutics.
- Outstanding bioinformatics programming skills in at least one language relevant to data analysis such as Python or R.
- A deep understanding of DNA and RNA biology and familiarity with transcription, splicing data analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate methodologies and results with colleagues, including bench scientists, research management, and project team leaders.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethics.
- Excellency capability to translate strategy into action, to successfully manage projects and timelines, and prioritize accordingly.
skills: Data Analysis, Data Management Plan, Data Validation Plan, Statistical Analysis Plan, Statistical Programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.