As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20.82 - 24.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The primary focus of the position is to conduct formulation lab activities that support the development and manufacture of new products and formulations for Seed Treatment Coatings.
The qualifying individual will be required to assist in designing and executing experiments, as well as interpreting laboratory results.
Experience with safe laboratory practices, sample preparation techniques, quantitative analysis, data acquisition/interpretation, and report writing is required.
This individual will work under moderate supervision as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team in Global Formulation Technology, Seed Treatment and Coatings.
- The candidate will be required to perform a variety of well-defined formulation and characterization tests. This may include the operation of specialized characterization and application instruments/equipment.
- With supervision, the individual must be capable of analyzing, planning, and implementing test methods to help develop viable technical solutions. The candidate is also expected to be able to recognize and communicate potential technical hurdles and propose a solution-oriented path forward.
- Must possess strong communication skills. Can effectively communicate experimental findings in presentations and reports. Will be asked to document results and draft manuscripts to support manufacturing.
- Strong team participation. Will liaise closely with key stakeholders from biology, application technology, and marketing. Demonstrates ability to understand project needs and can communicate across disciplines.
- Understands safe lab practices and maintains accurate laboratory records.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must have B.S. in a scientific discipline such as chemistry or chemical engineering
- Fundamental knowledge of formulation science, chemistry, and/or product development
- Demonstrated hands-on laboratory skills, either in an academic or industrial environment
- Ability to adapt existing laboratory techniques and equipment, and contribute original ideas
- Multi-task oriented and able to manage tight deadline demands
- Team player with ability to build working relationships across functions and locations
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Serious safety focus, attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Practical Laboratory Skills
- Formulation Science and Product Development
- Polymer Chemistry, Colloids, and/or Surface Science
- Experience with seed application testing - flowability, dust-off, plantability, abrasion.
- Experience with physical characterization techniques (viscosity, particle size analysis, density measurements, pH, etc.)
- Respirator may be required for some activities. Half mask. Typical use is 5-15 minutes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.