As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $185,000 - 240,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The Program & Portfolio Management Office is responsible for management of the development portfolio from lead nomination to licensure. We are seeking a motivated and energetic Director of Portfolio Analytics & Governance to enable the development & execution of portfolio analytics & governance across the development portfolio. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Program Management Leadership team, Clinical Development Organization, Finance, Strategy and Key Functional Heads across the organization. This role has an exciting opportunity to focus on developing a new capability and define the strategy and vision for Portfolio Analytics through seeking key stakeholder feedback towards building and implementation. Additional focus will be on ownership of Governance oversight and Portfolio management to include program finance management. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading team of governance and portfolio managers to support establishment of Portfolio Analytics and Governance function.
- Developing strategy and vision for building Portfolio Analytics capability to support generation of actionable insights and facilitate decision making; Responsibility for supporting the strategy and direction including development of KPI/KRIs/metrics to assess health of the portfolio including time, budget & quality.
- Responsibility for ownership of portfolio governance, including preclinical development committee, development review committee, monthly development program updates to executive committee.
- Partnering with Informatics team on development of integrated portfolio level dashboards to support Portfolio & Governance Management including identification of requirements; Collaborate with Informatics team on how to create data infrastructure to support reporting capabilities.
- Building relationships and collaborating with functional leaders across the organization to define Portfolio Management strategy and proactively identify and escalate risks, gaps and challenges.
- Working with Finance and Program Management team to develop and implement Portfolio/Program finance management processes and tracking against budget.
- Serving as member of Program & Portfolio Management Leadership team.
- BS degree in a scientific field with 15-20 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 10-15 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience in drug development, preclinical through clinical development.
- Strong analytical skills, business knowledge and understanding of clinical development drivers.
- Effective at managing complex, highly dynamic, scientific & technical organizations to work collaboratively towards a generation of new medicines.
- Demonstrated understanding of modeling and forecasting and ability to define how the business can create value through the utilization of data assets and analytics.
- Experience building capabilities and development portfolio level processes, specifically experience in portfolio analytics.
- Proven ability to analyze, develop and contribute to development of conceptual plans and lead implementation of process improvements and change initiatives across the organization.
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong personal skills to influence without authority within a highly technical environment, motivate others and manage conflict.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior and executive leadership.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude.
- Preferred: PhD and 10+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting
- Preferred: Experience at mid-stage biotech or large pharma.
- Preferred: PMP certification
skills: Clinical Data Management, Clinical Study Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.