job summary: **IMMEDIATE NEED
for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Principal Scientist or Investigator to advance our Oligonucleotide Biology team.**
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop and maintain cell culture assays for screening antisense/siRNA-based and innate immune receptor-targeted DNA/RNA oligonucleotides for various disease indications.
- Carry out and establish molecular basis of mechanisms of diseases and develops biomarkers
- Develop and supervise/manage biology laboratory and mentor junior colleagues.
- Design and conduct in vivo disease model studies at CROs and interpret data.
- Collaboratively work with chemistry, formulation and bioinformatics scientists.
- Contribute to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings
- PhD in Biology/Biochemistry or a relevant subject area with 6+ years of relevant postdoctoral/industry experience within the area of in vitro and in vivo antisense/siRNA biology.
- Thorough knowledge of working with DNA and RNA oligonucleotides, antisense and/or siRNA screening.
- Pertinent experience of handling, growing and maintaining cell lines and developing cell culture assays.
- Experience in gene expression analysis using RT-PCR and other related techniques, and protein expression analysis by ELISA, FACS, Western blots.
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.