As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38.79 - 45.63 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The Ophthalmology Research Unit is seeking an Associate Scientist to join our team in support of ocular gene therapy programs. The candidate should have strong background in immunohistochemistry staining and experience in cryosectioning and fluorescence microscopy. Experience in Ophthalmology research and/or GLP practice is a plus.
- Conduct eye cryosectioning and immunohistochemistry staining following SOP.
- Coordinate with imaging core for fluorescence microscopy and fluorescence signal quantification.
- Document test procedures and draft technical reports.
- Provide technical leadership such as data reviewing, troubleshooting assays, share technical expertise with others and train others on analytical methods .
- Support cross-group activities, workflows and operational goals
- BS with minimum 1-3 years, MS with minimum 0-2 years, in Biology, Biochemistry, or related Biological Sciences.
- A strong background in Biology methodologies especially cryosectioning, immunohistochemistry staining and fluorescence microscopy.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently interpreting complex data sets and identifying opportunities to bring about innovations, efficiencies and assay robustness.
- Ability to work in a team setting, train others, manage compliant data keeping, be involved in data review and data reporting.
- Experience in working in a clinical phase appropriate compliance environment
skills: SOP, Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.