job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Iselin, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $21.25 - 25.00 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
- We are seeking an Associate Chemist to work in the X-ray Diffraction Section of the Analytics and Materials Characterization Group in Iselin New Jersey.
- The successful candidate will perform a variety of routine physical tests for the Analytics and Materials Characterization group.
- The incumbent is expected to operate under minimal daily direct supervision.
- Primary responsibilities will be handling our sample submissions (using the LIMS), surface area and pore size analysis using nitrogen adsorption (all following our ISO17025 certification), laser diffraction particle size analysis and maintaining control charts for analytical instrumentation and mercury porosimetry.
- Responsibility for ensuring that assigned testing for the laboratory is completed and reported to customers. Most tests are performed using software-controlled instrumentation
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- BS degree in chemistry or closely related field. Related experience in analytical testing
- Hands-on academic or industrial experience in materials characterization. Experience in the analysis of inorganic materials using X-ray diffraction and optical microscopy would be considered a plus as is a Bachelors Degree in a scientific field.
- With training and guidance, the position will require some data interpretation and report writing. Other required skills:- Ability to cross train in other analytical techniques, like X-ray fluorescence-
- Working independently with minimum supervision- Multitasking- Documentation of results- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint- Instrument maintenance
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.