The Senior Product Manager (SPM), US Gene Therapy Marketing (contract) is responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics to support the successful launch of a novel CNS-delivered gene therapy in rare disease.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for participating in the development and execution of strategic and tactical communication plans, including branding, messaging, and digital initiatives. This individual will ensure coordination and regional consistency to align with corporate goals and objectives. The SPM will take the lead on Marketing projects identified in the Brand plan.
The candidate will work cross-functionally in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders. SPM will be able to lead CMLR meeting sessions and agency meetings independently without the Director.
The Senior Product Manager ensures adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company SOPs as appropriate.
location: South Plainfield, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Collaborates closely with the Director of Marketing and cross functional partners to support the US Gene Therapy Launch, including the development of marketing strategies, communication plans, and tactical initiatives
- Develops and deploys marketing activities for disease awareness and commercialization within the US; identifies and communicates new opportunities, adjusts the strategic/tactical plan as needed and tracks commercial success.
- Directs activities across the Media-Mix (non-personal promotion for both HCPs and caregivers while collaborating with relevant third parties in line with regional compliance guidelines).
- Execute presence and participation in national and regional congresses
- Manages the operating budget(s), agency relationship, and leads CMLR meetings, and identifies areas of opportunity as appropriate.
- At all times, ensures compliance with all corporate polices, regulations and laws.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum 7 years progressively responsible marketing experience - preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment
- Demonstrated track record of success supporting the marketing and commercialization of an orphan, rare disease and/or specialized drug(s)
- Direct experience working with, or closely supporting, managed markets, patient services, and/or field sales.
- Experience working in a small but fast growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing long term and annual marketing plans.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proven ability to influence without direct authority.
- Proven ability in managing external agencies and vendors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
skills: Product Launch, Product Marketing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.