As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18.52 - 21.79 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop in vitro assays, screening strategies, mechanistic studies, deliver high quality data from validated screens to drive lead series identification and lead optimization
- Develop proficiency with multiple assay formats, optimizing assay efficiency and reliability while minimizing cost
- Maintain cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and proactively applying these when appropriate
- Effectively communicate results in presentations and written reports and actively participate in cross-functional teams
- Masters Degree or bachelors degree in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field with 2+ years of prior experience in a drug discovery laboratory setting working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays and readouts
- Able to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines. Demonstrated ability to solve research problems with experience in standard in vitro assays including assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Able to analyze and critically interpret and report data and research conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups
- Familiarity with assay technologies, automation, and high throughput screening approaches highly desired.
- Computational skills enabling automated data acquisition and analysis, and familiarity with related software applications, example Spotfire.
- Familiarity in the use of automation and HTS instrumentation
skills: Assay Development, In Vitro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.