RNA Extraction Supervisor
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $59.50 - 70.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Direct SARS-CoV-2 clinical testing in a high complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Demonstrate technical expertise.
- Contribute to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to always satisfy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
- Ensure all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administer all established quality control procedures and troubleshoot instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assist in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Assist in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Science
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction highly desired
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
skills: Molecular Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.