The Formulation Scientist is primarily responsible for the formulation product development and submission of regulatory documents for oral solid dosage and other pharmaceutical dosage form.
location: Hauppauge, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design formulations for solid dosage forms in nutraceutical, over the counter and prescription drugs.
- Manage multiple development projects and develop formulations in a timely manner
- Write protocols, master manufacturing records, and product development reports
- Provide support to production in process improvement and troubleshooting.
- Stays current with recent advances and trends in the drug delivery technology and regulatory policies
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences is required
- 3-5 years Experience in Pharmaceutical R&D formulation, preferably in generic industry.
- Experience with formulation equipment such as blender, fluid bed dryer, high shear granulator, tablet press and other such equipment
- Outstanding oral, written and computer skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with unlimited career growth potential
- Knowledge of cGMPs related to US FDA and EU EMEA manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of Quality System requirements
- Knowledge of ICH, USP, and EP requirements
skills: Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.