As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $42.50 - 50.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Leads the team analyzing data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide SARS-CoV-2 clinical results.
- Interpret RT PCR data and sign out clinical reports.
- Lead and manage team of analysts ensuring quality of results.
- Act a clinical expert leading review of queries and anomalies.
- Review test results, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required, MD or PhD preferred, meeting requirements for CLIA Technical Supervisor.
- Minimum 5 years of clinical molecular experience.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Certification (e.g. CLS, ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, AMT)
- Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics
- Detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
- Laboratory supervisors, Laboratory Assistant, Sign Out Directors
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.