As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Milford, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 18.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Under direct supervision, responsible for performing accurate analytical tests in accordance with established company and ASTM procedures and/or other accepted methods, conducting simple chemical studies, experiments on organic/or and inorganic compounds and materials, analyses and tests. Require basic technical knowledge and techniques in projects regarding organization research, production, or operation. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and required years of experience.
- Support production QC and QA tests safely, accurately, and timely.
- Be able to perform multiple types of sample prep, operate various pieces of equipment, and analyze multiple methods in one day/week
- Maintain efficient turnaround time to prevent any loss time for production.
- Provide and report accurate results within turnaround time.
- Operate and maintain analytical equipment of low to moderate complexity.
- Record and report experimental and control data and observations.
- Position encounters the following environmental factors: hazardous materials including acids, bases, flammables, explosives and others as required in the analytical lab.
- Assess instrument problems, perform initial trouble shooting, timely report to Analytical Chemist or Analytical Manager to promptly address problems, validate instrument after repairing.
- Fulfill lab operation duties besides analytical procedures to maintain the uninterrupted functioning of the lab.
- Replenish lab supplies, solution bottles, standards, etc. as needed.
Education & Qualifications:
- Experience with the following is preferred: ICP, titration, wet chemistry, flash and fire testing, particle size, FTIR, GPC, GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC, DSC.
- Experience with both running the instruments and analyzing the respective data is preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible shift (will be a 40 hour workweek, but the hours may change slightly from time-to-time).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using computer and programs of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Must have vision ability and be comfortable in using computer to process and report data, receiving and replying to email project assignments timely, and reading/compiling/editing procedures and documents. LIMS familiarity is a plus.
- QC lab experience is a plus.
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.