As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.29 - 23.87 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Perform daily health observations and effectively record and communicate abnormalities to the scientists.
- Perform husbandry duties for rats and mice
- Perform daily census, handle related documentation and follow reporting procedures.
- Perform animal receipt and housing of animals.
- Utilize internal databases to perform the receipt of animals and processing of supplies.
- Perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Perform cagewash and preparation activities to include usage of equipment and maintenance of adequate inventories as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent (1+ years' experience), Associate's or Bachelor's degree in animal science or related discipline preferred (0+ years' experience).
- Minimum of ALAT certification required (or must be obtained within first 12 months of employment).
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift/push, or pull up to 50 pounds
- Regular work schedule is 40 hours per week in addition to weekends and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Essential personnel position, required to report to work during inclement weather.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Biology, Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.