job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19.33 - 22.75 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Operate large scale bioprocess equipment for the Cell Culture and Purification operations.
- Prepare Buffer and Media solutions.
- Perform all aspects of processing: preparation of equipment, disassembling equipment, assembling process equipment, perform CIP and SIP of equipment, perform pressure tests of equipment, perform I Testing of filters, calibration and use of analytical equipment.
- Display competency with process equipment and automated control systems Knowledge of biotech manufacturing process and equipment including cell culture, depth and tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation and/or buffer and media operations.
- Proficiency with compliance; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, good documentation practices and data capturing WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands. Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds. May require work around loud equipment. The use of personal protective equipment will be required. Requires various shift based work and off hours
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in science related area or engineering - Associate's degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written Ability to work in a team environment which includes good conflict resolution and collaboration Displays good initiative to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.