As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Shelton, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $25.50 - 30.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
We are seeking a creative and analytically skilled individual with an engineering or chemistry background who can assist our engineers and scientists in building, testing, upgrading and maintaining state-of-the art laboratory instruments. The individual will work in a team environment interacting with engineers, scientists, and leadership and gain technical experience in a diverse working environment.
- Participating with the assembly and testing of prototype instruments.
- Conducting mechanical and/or electrical modifications and upgrades on prototype instruments.
- Installing, updating software and firmware as needed at regular intervals.
- Assist in updating and maintaining both paper and electronic lab notebooks with information regarding instrument modifications and upgrades.
- Assist R&D team by running tests and experiments, and drafting results reports.
- Assist with planning associated with conducting bulk upgrades to prototype instruments during intervals between test cycles.
qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- Engineering background such as Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant engineering course of study.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Biology, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.