Sr. Specialist, Technical Customer Support
- Supports multi-national accounts (business teams) and other customers as required.
- Provides technical assistance relating to Company's products, processes and services portfolio and assists in identifying and closing sales opportunities.
- Also, coordinates and administers projects, teams and studies in applicable technical areas and is the technical interface between the customer and Company's functions.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Lead Company's customers (may include some Key/Global accounts) in technical matters relating to:
- Drug-closure compatibility
- Packaging recommendations
- Component processing
- Product/packaging development
- Extractable/leachables and other test requirements
- Complementary systems, such as devices, safety administration systems, etc.
- Other information as needed to help assure Company products will meet their requirements
- Take a proactive role as technical interface between the customer and Company's functions:
- Be an active part of the market segmented sales teams
- Support development of commercial strategies for products / services and customers
- Represent the Voice of Customer to the organization
- Update the cross functional teams on technical issues/projects within customers:
- Interface with customers and account managers to obtain the background information and customer's technical requirements on projects
- Advise on the status of and drive technical aspects of internal and external customer-linked projects
- Promote, present and actively participate in growing business:
- Prepare technical presentations and training materials
- Lead technical seminars / symposiums with customers
- Educate customers on product applications
- Share industry insights with customers
- Represent Company in trade shows, conferences, seminars and industry forums:
- Prepare abstracts and industry presentations
- Contribute to generation of posters
- Present to industry
- Interface with industry leaders on technical topics
- Act as a liaison between customers, Sales and Analytical Laboratories.
- Build expertise in key market knowledge areas over and above the internal trainings.
- Be a subject matter expert for one or more technologies or services.
- Define all customer and technical criteria needed for new product launches, new products and formula development or other development projects. This includes an understanding of requirements by market segment for all products.
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Assist the Scientific Communications team in defining, writing and completing internal studies of technologies for generating and supporting Technical Reports, Technical Bulletins and commercial literature.
- Work with Scientific Insights Lab as needed on special customer projects.
- Work closely with QA and Operations on change control and assist customers with technical aspects of change and FAQ as needed.
- Work closely with all other members of Global Technical Customer Support team to assure open communication and a high level of effectiveness. Work with global colleagues to streamline recommendations and customer experience
- BS degree (5-10 years of experience) in a technical field (Chemistry/Biochemistry/Chemical or Biochemical Engineering) or Master's (5 years of experience) or PhD (3-5 years of experience) in related fields, eg. pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- 5-8 years experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development, or engineering role.
skills: Medical Device Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.