As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $20.05 - 23.59 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform and document daily manufacturing operations according to SOPs in a cGMP environment
- Operate biologics production equipment (bioreactors, filtration units, chromatography systems and fixed/portable vessels)
- Execute validation protocols
- Create or revise cGMP documents
- With general supervision or guidance will assemble and/or operate biologics production equipment, such as bioreactors, filtration units, chromatography systems and fixed/portable vessels.
- Perform basic trouble shooting
- Performs/assists with processing steps and/or manufacturing support activities by monitoring process parameters in batch record and control systems
- Documents cGMP data and information for processing steps and/or equipment activities while following standard operating procedures. Key documentation includes batch records, work orders, and equipment logbooks.
- Executes batch records and validation protocols under supervision/direction of others
- Author and review equipment use logs
- Performs inventory transactions in SAP
- Performs data entry into LIMS
- Accountable for completing assigned trainings within required timeline and actively participate in training activities.
- Stock production and cleaning supplies
- Perform cleaning/sanitizing production rooms and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Science or Engineering; or
- Associates degree in science-related area and 1 or more years of relevant experience; or
- High school diploma or GED and 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred
- Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred
- Familiar or experience with cGMP within Biotech or Pharmaceutical operations preferred
- Knowledge of non-manufacturing functions such as QC, Regulatory, QA, and/or Materials Management a plus
- Prior experience with lab equipment a plus
- Knowledge of mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) and rounding.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be team and detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations, such as ability to navigate in MS Office, use email, and complete training using Web Based Training (WBT)
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Stand and Walk - Required to stand/walk while operating manufacturing/computer equipment for several hours at a time daily
- Carrying weight, Pushing, Pulling Lifting - Required to carry, lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds several times a day for 15-minute durations while handling production equipment and/or materials
- Climb - Required to climb (use of stepladders/stairs in production areas, or stairwells in work campus) several times a day for 15-minute durations.
- Bend and Kneel - Required to bend, kneel, or crawl several times a day for 15-minute durations
- Overhead work - Required to perform overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies several times a day for 15-minute durations
- Moving Head and Neck - Required movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials several times a day for several hours at a time
- Twisting - Required movement of twisting waist while setting up equipment several times a day for several hours at a time
- Repetitive Use - Required repetitive use of arms and wrists while setting up equipment several times a day for several hours at a time
- On rare occasions, travel may be required to offsite meetings or training even
skills: Quality control, SOP, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.