job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 23.44 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design and perform biochemical and cellular studies of drug potency and mechanism of action
- Assist in animal tissue collection procedures and sample processing
- Analysis and interpretation of quantitative data
- Effectively organize and communicate research progress and activities through oral and written presentations
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Maintenance of accurate and current records of research
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology, or a related discipline
- 0-5 years of relevant laboratory experience or a research-based M.S. degree
- Experience with cellular assays: 2nd messenger, proliferation, phospho-protein analysis, gene reporter, and release of soluble mediators
- Experience with biochemical assays: enzymatic activity, binding
- Experience with cell culture and the preparation and testing of primary immune cells
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, curious of the science, and desiring to learn novel in vitro pharmacology techniques
- Experience with use of laboratory automation equipment
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, and curve-fitting programs
- Candidate must be highly collaborative and thrive in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.