We are looking for a key research and development professional to work in collaboration with our client out of the San Diego area. This role is in high demand, needs to start in December!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 36 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan and execute various laboratory activities with limited instruction
- Recognize potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays and work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of project.
- Optimize complex assays to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance.
- Help plan and execute verification and validation studies.
- Report recommendations based on tested experimental results.
- Assesses information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of results.
- Write experimental protocols and reports
- Write experimental summaries and prepare technical presentations for updating supervisor and other team members as appropriate. Provide verbal progress reports in both formal and informal settings
- Interface with various departments.
- Contribute to the overall success of the project; anticipate problems to minimize issues and work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of project
- Use standard laboratory instrumentation: i.e. UV-VIS, fluorescence plate readers, thermocyclers, liquid handling robotics
- Bachelors degree in Biology or Chemistry related program in required
- 3-5 years of laboratory based experience
- Good knowledge of standard molecular biology/nucleic acid-based protocols for both DNA and RNA
- Laboratory skills/ knowledge in biochemistry, ELISA, and analytical assays is a plus
- Experience in assay development/reagent formulation preferred
- Experience in RUO, oncology and/or IVD product development highly desirable.
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to implement protocols and keep good notes in a lab notebook.
- Ability to handle hazardous and bio-hazardous materials including human blood products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Chemistry, Microbiology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.