job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 24.27 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- Responsibilities, under the supervision of a senior scientist, include developing economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies. The individual will also perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- As appropriate, the candidate may also supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biology, biochemical engineering, or a related field is required with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques.
- Laboratory experience with purification unit operations and techniques, chromatography workstations as well biological assays are preferred.
- Must have a strong desire to work at the laboratory bench
skills: HPLC, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.