job summary: Jr Chemist / Technician (2 openings) 1 st shift 8am - 5pm (some flex) $21/hour (No Flex) Holmdel, NJ Temp to Perm Recent college graduate with 6 months - 2 years of R&D exp. This facility manufactures hand sanitizer, perfumes and lotions
Seeking a highly-driven junior chemist who is ready to hit the ground running and join our growing team. This junior chemist will be responsible for independently working on assigned projects while helping to support senior level chemists as well. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop, refine, and prepare personal care formulas according to customer expectations and with limited supervision. This includes lotions, creams, serums, hydroalcoholic sprays, mask, and cleansers.
- Monitor the quality of formulas via evaluation of stability samples under multiple environments.
- Assist senior level chemist(s) in making formulas and identifying any issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
- Independently work to investigate any issues that arise and propose solutions.
- Keep and maintain accurate and precise records which includes laboratory notebooks, stability records, and product evaluation reports
- Order, receive and organize raw materials, lab supplies and equipment
- Bachelor Degree in Science preferred (Background in Personal Care, Pharma, Chemical)
- 6 months - 2 years lab/formulation experience
- Attention to detail, organization and multi-tasking skill
- Good knowledge of product forms and textures
- Experience in and/or passion for haircare or natural formulations a plus
- Understanding/knowledge of packaging and material types a plus
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Knowledge and use of viscometers, pH meter, pycnometers, mixers, hot plates
- Familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Office, Access, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
location: Holmdel, New Jersey
job type: Temporary
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.