job summary: **IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE NEED for a Production Chemist**
The Production Chemist will be involved in small and large-scale synthesis of high quality specialty chemicals including silanes, silicones and platinum catalysts.
location: Bristol, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Chemist must be able to read and understand SOPs in order to allow for set up of a reaction and running a reaction to completion including the knowledge and ability to set up laboratory and synthesis equipment for production scale volumes, including reactions and distillations
- Capable of small-scale production and ability to learn the principles of production scale-up
- Assists in rework of non-conforming product
- Pack-down highly flammable, moisture sensitive, highly reactive chemicals into smaller containers
- Maintains detailed technical records according to ISO: 9001 standards
- Utilize computer database for organization of run records
- Understand safety data sheets
- Communicate to purchasing need for re-order of raw materials
- Follows safety and environmental regulations by ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local requirements
- Monitor equipment and inform management of any issues
- Maintaining general laboratory cleanliness;
- Responsible for cleaning production equipment
- Identify, retrieve parts and assemble reactors prior to production start and disassemble at completion of a run
- Maintain and clean all glassware
- Must be able to run multiple reactions at one time
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific discipline
- Minimum of 2 years chemistry coursework and/or 2-4 years chemical production experience.
- Analytical and process driven
- Self-starter, strong initiative, dependable
- Strong communication skills
- Superior time management skills
- Willingness to listen and take direction from others.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.