job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $44.29 - 52.11 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking highly motivated scientists to be part of a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the field of Immune Checkpoint Biology.
We are seeking an individual with a PhD degree and 1-4 years of experience or a MS and 5-10 years of experience in Immunology to join our team and participate in the validation and early pre-clinical development of mono- and combination therapies for autoimmune disease. This person will design, perform and analyze in vitro assays for drug development programs as well as for the validation of novel drug targets. In addition, they will perform bioinformatic analysis on internal RNAseq data. The candidate will be keeping careful records of their work for possible later drug submission filings and will be presenting their results at group, development team and departmental meetings.
- Design and perform in vitro assays for drug target validation and development.
- Develop assays, as needed, tailored to the specific project.
- Analyse internal and external RNAseq data.
- Provide a contact point of expertise for the assays of which they are responsible.
- Maintain careful, detailed records of their work to support possible drug submission applications.
- Present results at development team, group and departmental meetings.
- Provide and promote support for operational excellence according to company values and ethics.
- Prepare publications, research and clinical/regulatory documentation in accordance with our quality standards.
qualifications: Essential Qualifications:
- PhD in biomedical research with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry or academic experience in Immunology and bioinformatics; or MS with a minimum of 5-10 years of industry or academic experience in Immunology and bioinformatics.
- Broad-based expertise in Immunology-based research involving primary immune cell assays, both human and mouse.
- Experience in immune cell subset isolation, innate cell purification, FACS analysis, co-culture assays, cytokine determination and cell proliferation monitoring.
- Experience in the normalization and analysis of RNAseq data. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with biochemical analysis of cell signaling and Western blot.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as: the generation of CRISPR knockout cell lines, transfection and transduction, mRNA isolation and expression analysis by RTPCR.
- An organized person with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal and team skills with a track record of success working collaboratively across disciplines.
skills: Assay Development, In Vitro, RT-PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.