Great opportunity to join a growing vitamin and supplement company on Long Island!
location: Farmingdale, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 3 to 11
- Processes samples for chemical and/or biological analysis.
- Analysis of products by wet chemistry techniques and by techniques using instruments such as, TLC, UV/Vis, FTIR.
- Conduct routine and laboratory support functions, such as preparation of media, reagents and standard solutions, stocking and distributing supplies and equipment and collecting, washing and storing glassware.
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. As required, operates personal computer, applies various software packages to input or retrieve data and information
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate SOPs, QPs, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year College or University in Chemistry or related Science with minor in Chemistry
- Prior experience in Pharmaceutical/Dietary supplement industry is a plus
- Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office is required
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds and stand for longer period of time.
skills: Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Sample Preparation, Sample Testing, Sanitation, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.