Research Associate II
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $29.92 - 35.21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This position works within a cross-functional and global team to support our rare disease and rare blood disorder products with planning and generating robust health economics and value-based evidence.
This position reports to the HEVA Product Lead and will interface with Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Public Affairs, and Market Access. The incumbent will support the planning, design, implementation and completion of innovative evidence-based research programs that are consistent with program/product strategies. The developed research programs will provide appropriate evidence and/or tools to be used for internal decision making and for external audiences at product launch and over the product life cycle. Responsibilities for this role include (note - the list below is not comprehensive; the incumbent is also responsible for other duties as assigned):
- Execute approved HEVA studies and manage ongoing studies according to budget and timeline expectations:
o Supports with managing and executing research studies to support the clinical, economic and humanistic value of products.
o Such studies may include, but are not limited to, burden of illness studies, epidemiology, literature reviews, meta-analysis, retrospective and prospective observational studies, economic evaluations, and patient-reported outcomes.
- Manage the HEVA evidence generation plan:
o Develop research plan with HEVA Product Lead to support pre-launch, launch and post-launch evidence for investigational and marketed drugs.
o Maximize value propositions from both a global and US perspective within the Market Access tripod.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Commercial, and Market Access.
- Set evidence generation priorities and direction for assigned responsibilities and incorporate this into appropriate planning documents.
- Support contracting and project management activities pertaining to HEVA studies:
o Work with contract managers to ensure timely execution of contracts.
o Responsible for tracking and maintaining budget sheet, contracts, and SOWs.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contributions to product success.
- Development and execution of tactics that address data gaps and customer needs.
- Ensure that tactics support scientific, regulatory and reimbursement/access trends and events.
- Expertise recognized within the function, corporation and healthcare field.
- Develop and maintain peer relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Established track record of scientific and/or methods publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Compliance with all relevant internal SOPs and external laws and regulations.
- Advanced degree in health economics, outcomes research, pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology, health services research, psychometrics, health policy, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in HEOR or market access, including pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia.
- Understanding of the disease environment, evolution of the market access landscape, and implications for the business.
- Strong customer focus, project management, and analytical skills to translate clinical and economic information and messages into payer evidence strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to understand and simplify complex information for internal and external audiences.
- Strong team spirit, sense of transversality, multicultural awareness, and ability to collaborate in matrix teams.
- Ability to work independently, but in concert with the direction provided by management and in accordance with defined functional policies and precedents, budgetary guidelines, company values, ethics, and applicable law.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant methods (e.g., observational data, epidemiology, meta-analysis, indirect comparison, biostatistics) to demonstrate product value potential.
- Understand reimbursement decisions to determine value drivers and how evidence is used in decision making and how it impacts various payers (e.g., providers, patients, health systems).
- Knowledge of methods and principles of health economics and HTA reviews.
Languages: English fluency required.
skills: Project Management, RT-PCR, Health Economics
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.