As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 18.00 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
This position will have primary responsibility of supporting the Polymer Laboratory.
- Executing all facets of development and applications testing including:
o Operation of laboratory scale solvent and water phase polymerization reactors
o Preparation of chemical solutions and reaction preparations
o Screening application requests and communicating with requestors to clarify needs.
o Timely entering, updating and closing projects in a database.
o Generating consistent, reliable data and interpreting it.
o Communicating interim and final results in appropriate detail via written reports, emails, phone calls.
o Preparing project materials for shipment to colleagues and customers.
o Maintaining an archive of project materials.
- Maintaining and operating testing equipment & instruments.
- Measuring physical properties of specimens using viscometers, particle size analyzers, rheometers and other instruments.
- Generating ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and/or the overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- Authoring and/or updating procedures.
- Maintaining neat and organized lab common spaces including project files.
Education & Qualifications:
- A Bachelors or Associates degree in science (preferably Chemistry) or 5+ years relevant experience is required.
- Must be capable of working in a structured environment where activities are governed by written procedures.
- Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self motivation. Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on an individual basis.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Controls hardware and software experience is a plus.
- Experience with polymer processing and testing equipment is desirable.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized, flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude is desirable.
- Qualified individual will be capable of full shifts of light physical activity, full days of desk work and combinations of both.
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.