job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30.60 - 36.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, investigations, systems, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features or for which there are precedents.
- Design and carry out bench scale fermentation process under guidance of scientist. Perform enzymatic and analytical assays, analyze data, and troubleshoot experiments. Achieve successful completion of deliverables with efficiency and adherence to time constraints. Knowledge of starch and sugar chemistry a plus.
- Performs tasks/projects of a larger scope; may lead specific tasks within the project scope; scopes tasks and develops approaches for moderately difficult tasks; takes responsibility for assuring quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness for small projects.
- Assists in preparation of reports, papers, presentations, new proposals, etc. , and may collaborate on some; presents papers at technical meetings.
- Continues to enhance capabilities for project planning, including assessment of cost, scope and schedule against plan; implements new systems/approaches for moderately difficult tasks/projects.
- Has established networks in internal peer group; starts becoming part of identifiable external peer network.
- Interacts in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; provides ideas to improve efficiency at group level. Participates in procurement of additional/new funding through contributions to technical proposal preparation and/or presentations.
- Contributes to positive co-worker/customer/investigator relationships through efficient interaction on current grants/projects.
Responsibility for directing others:
Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure that correct procedures are followed; provides direction to assure completion of technical tasks and projects.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or higher in an appropriate field.
- Experience requirement, minimum:
- Two to four year's experience in a related area or equivalent.
- Three years of industry experience with analytical instruments such as HPLC and GC in a hands on capacity. The Scientist will assist Bioenergy Application Solutions team. This position will focus on the bench scale fermentation as well as enzymatic and analytical assays.
skills: Analytical Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.