job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $26.33 - 30.98 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The candidate will participate in drug product development of non-viral (nanoparticle based), viral vector- and cell-based gene therapies. The selected candidate will be responsible for formulation and process development (formulation screening, container closure selection, process development and scale-up of liquid, frozen, and lyophilized drug product, stability studies), and assay development to support all phases of the programs. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects while serving as a valuable member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Develop and apply analytical methods to assess stability of non-viral, viral vectors- and cell-based therapeutics
- Assist in developing new technologies in the areas of polymer-based drug delivery technologies and drug product process development
- Troubleshoot problems and communicate solutions to project managers.
- Utilize electronic lab notebook to document and compile data.
- Present data in group and departmental meetings.
- Maintain laboratory instruments.
- Work independently as well as in a matrix environment.
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Train junior lab members
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology (or related discipline) with 6 plus years of relevant experience or MS in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology (or related discipline) with 2 plus years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding and practical experience in drug product formulation and process development of non-viral gene therapies: formulation development of lipid nanoparticles, liposomes and polymer conjugates for nucleic acid delivery, container closure selection, stability studies, in-use studies and process development of liquid, frozen, and lyophilized drug product.
- Theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in analytical techniques: Fluorescence based nucleic acid quantitation assays (e.g. Ribogreen assay), HPLC/UPLC, capillary electrophoresis, gel electrophoresis, DLS, zeta-potential, DSC, DSF, UV, CD, Cryo-TEM.
- Experience in formulation and process development of viral vector-and cell-based therapies is a plus.
- Experience in cell culture, flow-cytometry, qPCR, ITA, plate-based potency assay is a plus.
- Basic understanding of statistical data analysis. Good written and verbal communication skills.
skills: HPLC, Biology, Chemistry, Flow Cytometry, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.